Our company is committed to being trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
WHO WE ARE:
Bonneville International is an integrated media company, providing advertising and digital marketing solutions across 22 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, San Francisco, Sacramento, and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL-TV 5, in Salt Lake. As a leader in broadcasting and advertising for over 50 years, our purpose is to build up, connect, inform, and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We're proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
As Arizona’s Morning News Coordinator, you will play a critical role in the daily planning and execution of all aspects of our morning news program. We’re looking for a highly motivated, organized, detail-oriented professional to coordinate guests, special news segments, execute breaking news and contribute to the content by writing, editing audio and performing on-air stories. The morning show is a fast-paced, high energy all-news program that runs from 5 a.m. to 8 a.m. on weekdays. It is the coordinator’s responsibility to guide the flow of the show’s clock and rundown, provide the most up-to date news and prioritize breaking news execution. The Arizona’s Morning News coordinator communicates with all players in the newsroom, from reporters and editors to producers and hosts, as well as the digital team. This role also includes producing promotional content from our daily news program to play throughout the rest of the day, as well as manage the program’s social media. In addition, you could be called upon to fill-in on-air, in the positions of host or news anchor.
- Coordinate daily planning and scheduling of top story content and guests for Arizona’s Morning news.
- Generate story ideas, coordinate information, and assign personnel to cover stories as needed.
- Ensures all elements of the news “clock” are ready before the show goes on the air at 5 a.m.
- Works closely with the morning host to prepare quarter-hour in-depth news analysis segments.
- Prepares pre-show elements for the news anchor, such as reviewing reporter stories, gathering teases and natural sound, writing business stories as well as feature segments.
- Oversee, develop, and evaluate effective changes to the clock when breaking news hits.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet up to the minute/hourly/daily/weekly deadlines and be accurate and precise both in announcing the news and in production of the news.
- Put on the reporter hat when necessary to execute breaking news, or to further stories as developments arise. Perform live studio reports.
- Coordinate with television news partners on stories.
- Update members of the newsroom that work in different dayparts, of story planning and changes to the morning show.
- Maintain a critical analysis of the morning show’s flow and be ready to adjust as necessary when breaking news of special coverage disrupts the clock.
- Develop and maintain news sources.
- Manage show social media accounts and promote important guests and stories on our social media feeds.
- Upload guest interviews and segments to our digital platform and share on social media.
- Integrate and communicate on-air stories to web staff for production on KTAR.com.
- Work effectively in a team environment and maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with the morning news team as well as the rest of the newsroom staff and management.
- Consistently work hours required. This position begins at 3 a.m. on weekdays. It is full-time for 40 hours per week. Work more when required to meet deadlines, including weekends and holidays. Overtime pay and holiday pay are compensated when worked.
- Ability to organize, be dependable, delegate and motivate other people.
- Perform other desk duties as needed.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
WHO YOU ARE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism, mass communications or media preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years newsroom experience required.
- A minimum of 2 years of news editor or producer experience preferred.
- The ability to understand and utilize news feeds and social media.
- Sound news judgement and ability to simplify press releases as well as government, and law enforcement information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including conversational, yet professional news delivery.
- Proficiency in editing audio using software like Audition or Newsboss Audio Editor.
- Prefer knowledge in using news software Newsboss.
- Multilingual skills preferred. Spanish language speaking and writing preferred.
- Strong desire to work at Arizona’s largest and most respected award-winning news radio station.
- We strongly encourage you to apply if you meet most of these qualifications.
- Ability to maintain a schedule of 3 a.m. daily start and perform at a high level.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
THE BONNEVILLE EXPERIENCE:
- Dynamic team culture that values teamwork, collaboration, integrity, and a shared purpose of delivering breaking news at the highest level of journalistic standards.
- Continuous growth and development training.
- Generous PTO policy in addition to paid holidays.
- Extraordinary benefits such as a 401k with matching, with no waiting period.
- 100% employer-funded retirement account, immediately 100% vested.
- High value health care plans at low prices (Medical, Dental, Disability, FSA, Vision).
- We are focused on contributing to the communities we work in. We encourage our employees through initiatives such as matching for personal charitable giving and fundraising and paid volunteer hours.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
To learn more about how our local media matters and to join our growing team, visit: https://bonneville.com/
As a media company, we are responsible for lifting and inspiring with respect and giving voice to all the communities and clients that we serve. A diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to our ability to create and deliver exceptional content, products, and services that represent our communities, and we believe that empowering all our employees to share their ideas and experiences will fuel creativity, innovation, and inspiration.
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.https://admin.sourcingpro.io/apply/29679/457441/