Our company is committed to being trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
Bonneville International is an integrated media company, providing advertising and digital marketing solutions across 22 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, Sacramento, San Francisco, and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. As a leader in broadcasting and advertising for over 50 years, our purpose is to build up, connect, inform, and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We're proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
Function as the producer for a sports talk show. Assist in coordinating live interviews, audio elements, digital elements, radio elements and other program content. Produce entertaining and informative programming by using all resources. Make full contribution to assigned time segment and work effectively with on-air host(s).
This is an on-site role that requires the employee to work at our Phoenix (Arizona Sports) site.
In order to work on Company premises, or with clients / members of the public at other locations, Bonneville employees must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or evidence of a negative COVID-19 test within the previous seven days.
- Work in tandem with on-air talk host(s) in producing compelling sports-talk show programming and provide guidance and feedback to enhance his/her on-air presentation.
- Evaluate current sports news and sports events each day and offer suggestions on how those events might be presented on the air in a way that is unique, and compelling to all listeners.
- Research possible interview topics and guests by careful study of printed media (magazines, newspapers, books, the Internet, etc.) and by phone and/or personal contact with sports franchises and national media organizations.
- Working knowledge of sports events and current local/national sports news to be able to add to radio segments.
- Working knowledge of pop culture. Assist with keeping the show updated on the latest trends in pop culture.
- Share and brainstorm ideas which could bring about programming continuity. Work cooperatively with other producer(s), digital team and with other stations, for content ideas.
- Contribute show information to all social media platforms.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Two years post high school education in communication/journalism with skills in the following areas: booking guests, broadcast journalism, writing, computer and operational skills, related field, or equivalent.
- Experience in a broadcast journalism environment, professional or collegiate level.
- Aggressive attitude with a strong desire to advance in the broadcasting media.
- Quick learner who is fully committed to meeting the challenge.
- Strong desire to work at the state’s largest and most respected radio station.
- Multi-tasking pro.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to produce and perform on-air sports updates
- Ability to run audio board and log commercials
- Ability to produce and edit audio
- Creative thinking
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.https://admin.sourcingpro.io/apply/30037/457441/