It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
The KRQE News 13, Assignment Editor answers incoming news calls and assigns daily news stories according to the news personnel available.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Tracks stories from all sources including government agencies, wire services and community groups
- Dispatches photographers, reporters and other personnel to cover stories
- Coordinates logistics for news personnel
- Participates in daily story meetings and supplies a comprehensive list of all possible news stories and works with the News Director to develop plans for all broadcasts
- Assists in development, planning and follow-up of all news stories
- Edits video clips as assigned
- Writes stories for the web and other eMedia platforms
- Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Minimum two years’ experience in news operations
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be willing to work weekend shifts
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with KRQE News 13!