ESPN Chicago Assistant Program Director/Executive Producer
Good Karma Brands is looking for a high performing Assistant Program Director/Executive Producer to join our ESPN Chicago market. The Assistant Program Director/Executive Producer will work directly with the Director of Content to curate the sound and execution of all content to satisfy the needs of our fans, partners, and teammates. ESPN Chicago will be the flagship of the iconic Chicago Bears and we are looking for an Assistant Program Director/Executive Producer to oversee all aspects of the network including pre-game shows, in-game, and post-game shows.
Daily Tasks of an Assistant Program Director/Executive Producer:
· Oversee all day-to-day functions of the Chicago Bears Radio Network
· Work hand in hand with programming and sales management to develop format, set features, regular interviews, etc.
· Ensure the network is operating under FCC guidelines
· Produce and run the board while simultaneously being able to pull highlights with quick turnaround
· Communicate daily with Play-by-Play sales team on revenue ideas and verify campaigns are being executed appropriately
· Catalogue all game tapes, highlights, interviews, etc.
· Schedule teammates for on-air shifts, remotes, and appearances
· Communicate and coordinate with White Sox broadcast crew
· Coordinate remote broadcasts with marketing team and producers
· Recruit, identify and coach producers
· Manage part-time teammates
· Coordinate with programming and sales staff to plan and execute marketing, promotions, events, and image campaigns
· Communicate contests and prizing with producers and marketing department
· Communicate and work together with our audio engineer. Giving directions on station needs and issues
· Handle all payables according to company policy. Work with payables regarding station insiders
· Promote, repurpose, and market our sound internally and externally
· Coordinate studio space when needed
· Communication of show lineup changes, guest appearance
· Liaison between content and marketing when it comes to promotion station-wide events on-air
· Be a Good Karma Brands ambassador by adhering to the GKB core values: Listen, Be Honest, Follow Through, Work Hard, Teamwork, and Over Deliver
Preferred knowledge, skills, and qualifications:
· Minimum of 5 years of radio experience
· Proven leadership and management experience
· Capability to coach talent and a have a deep knowledge of fan base
· Understanding of FCC rules and regulations
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
· Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
· Ability and willingness to travel for remote broadcasts when necessary.
· With this career, you are required to hold a valid driver’s license
This is an exempt role with a competitive base salary. This role is eligible for full benefits including health, dental and vision insurance, Life Insurance, STD, LTD, 401(k) Plan, Dependent Care, paid parental leave, and more with opportunities for salary growth increase with skills and responsibilities and meeting targeted goals. The position will be required to work some evenings and weekends.
Opportunity for Growth:
Teammates have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within Good Karma Brands and are responsible to represent GKB, our story, and our core values inside and outside the workplace. Teammates are encouraged to take a proactive role in building relationships and seeking opportunities throughout the company.
How to Apply:
Apply by submitting resume to www.goodkarmabrands.com/careers. All are encouraged to apply
About Good Karma Brands:
Good Karma Brands, LLC (GKB) is a media and marketing company with expertise in leveraging the power of sports and local news to build brands through radio, digital, events, and TV assets. Radio assets include eight ESPN affiliated radio stations in Beaver Dam, Chicago, Cleveland, Los Angeles, Madison, Milwaukee, New York City, and West Palm Beach, Newsradio 620 WTMJ and 101.7 The Truth in Milwaukee, and 95.3 WBEV, powered by Daily Dodge in Beaver Dam, Wis. In partnership with ESPN, GKB also offers local marketing partners geo-targeted advertising on ESPN’s digital platforms. In addition to its radio assets, GKB boasts premium brands, including the Tundra Trio hospitality houses in Green Bay, Wis., and the organization executes all Florida-based bowl games, including the RoofClaim.com Boca Raton Bowl and others. For more information, please visit www.goodkarmabrands.com.
Good Karma Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consistently renew our commitment to creating and maintaining an inclusive workplace for all. We foster integrity, respect within the workplace, and believe that the foundation of our success is our collective differences and diversity of thought. We welcome all to help us continue to build a community that embodies and promotes diversity, inclusion, and belonging for all.