KUSKOKWIM PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORPORATION
KSKO Radio PO Box 70 McGrath, Alaska 99627
POSITION: GENERAL MANAGER
Definition: Under the supervision of the Kuskokwim Public Broadcasting Corporation's Board of Directors, the General Manager is the chief administrator of the Kuskokwim Public Broadcasting Corporation. This position is responsible for the proper operation of KSKO Radio and all business by the Kuskokwim Public Broadcasting Corporation.
1. Responsible for the proper operation of KSKO Radio and the proper conduct of all business by the Kuskokwim Public Broadcasting Corporation.
2. Manages KSKO Radio, complies with the requirements of the Federal Communications Commission, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, Alaska Public Broadcasting and other regulatory bodies and funding sources and carries out the policies and directives of the KPBC Board of Directors.
3. Supervises all employees and contractors.
4. Responsible for the maintenance of the overall programming format and operation of KSKO including the station’s broadcast equipment, automation system and website.
5. Responsible for the maintenance of the KSKO building and equipment.
6. Initiates, coordinates and supervises all underwriting, grants and fundraising activities.
7. Submits funding requests to funding sources, sets the annual budget and operates within the budget in a manner consistent with good business and management practices.
8. Reports to Board of Directors on a regular basis. Sets tentative agendas, prepares and distributes information for the monthly KPBC Board of Directors meeting including committee, board minutes and financial reports prior to each meeting.
9. Responsible for the preparation of the annual board member election and annual membership meeting including distribution of necessary information and ballots.
10. Responsible for the organization and implementation of all aspects of the annual membership drive.
11. Represents KSKO/KPBC on a local, state and federal level in a professional manner consistent with the policies and procedures of the Corporation.
12. Works with broadcasting partners sharing programming and other resources.
13. Performs on-air shifts and fills in as needed.
14. Prepares all financial reports for the Corporation to the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and other entities as required.
15. Insures that all corporate records are maintained as required.
16. Maintains all payroll and financial records and receives and deposits funds into appropriate accounts as needed. Works with bookkeeper to issue payroll and accounts payable checks as needed.
17. Supervises, maintains and develops all activities involving charitable gaming operations that support KSKO/KPBC.
18. Other duties as assigned by the KPBC Board of Directors.
Salary: $51,725-65,524 DOE. This position is an exempt salaried management position.
Closing Date: September 23, 2020 or until filled.
To Apply: Submit a resume including a detailed work history with three references and cover letter to: KPBC/KSKO, Attn. General Manager Hiring Committee at email@example.com
Inquiries about the position and the lifestyle of rural Alaska are welcome. A detailed job description is available upon request. Contact Candace Waruch at 907-574-0609.
KPBC is an equal opportunity employer.