Our company is committed to being trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
Bonneville International is an integrated media company, providing advertising and digital marketing solutions across 22 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, San Francisco, Sacramento and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. As a leader in broadcasting and advertising for over 50 years, our purpose is to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We're proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
KTAR News is looking for its next great Editor/Anchor! This role is a hybrid role. Breaking news coverage is at the core of what we do at KTAR as well as covering top and local stories that affect our community. KTAR and KTAR.com thrive on unique content and approaching stories in a way unlike anybody else. We need original ideas, a contemporary way of telling stories, an innovative way to amplify the message and a collaborate spirit to get the stories out through our various channels. We’re asking for a different player at the table. Someone who will play a key role in all areas of the newsroom, including writing and editing news stories, anchoring our evening newscasts and at times, reporting from the news center. Bring your A-game multimedia experience to the table - being in sync with social media platforms and how to use them in all roles of the newsroom is key to joining our team. Our team members regularly get called on to file for the network, so expectations are high.
THE BONNEVILLE EXPERIENCE:
- Dynamic team culture that values teamwork, having fun, and collaboration
- Continuous growth and development training
- Generous PTO policy in addition to paid holidays
- Extraordinary benefits such as 401k with matching, with no waiting period
- High value health care plans at low prices (Medical, Dental, Disability, FSA, Vision)
- We are focused on contributing to the communities we work in. We encourage our employees through initiates such as matching for personal charitable giving and fundraising and paid volunteer hours
As a hybrid editor and anchor, be an effective team member and make a full contribution to the success of the station. Write and report news on air in clear, concise and accurate manner on deadline. Enterprise news sources for original news content for air and for the website. Contribute daily to make KTAR the leading provider of timely, relevant news and information.
- Generate story ideas, coordinate information and assign personnel as needed. Coordinate information among radio reporters, online colleagues, show producers and studio engineers.
- Update daily “Daybook” and file future daybook items.
- Monitor public service agency scanners/social media for breaking stories.
- Read news wires/social media regularly and other news sources (email) for story ideas.
- Assist in the pre-production and execution of Arizona’s Evening News.
- Ability to effectively communicate with digital and talk show departments.
- Write strong, effective news stories in a fast-paced and ever changing news day.
- Anchor newscasts up to four times an hour, with possibly more added in the event of breaking news.
- Present compelling, informative, personable and impactful newscasts with an emphasis on local and breaking news.
- Report news in a way that is constantly fresh, new, and exciting ways while maintaining the integrity of news standards.
- This position is tasked with primarily anchoring newscasts from 7p-10p on weekdays.
- During holidays, vacations or breaking news, you may be asked to fill in at different times of day and/or weekends.
- Perform live in-studio reports on assigned stories.
- Place an extreme emphasis on conversational writing and creative presentation during live and taped reports.
- Consistently contributes original story and long form report ideas.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Strong broadcast writing, voice, news judgment and computer skills.
- Knowledge of newswire services and a working knowledge of computer skills.
- Social media savvy – includes experience going live on social media platforms, live tweeting, and actively posting photos and videos.
- Ability to develop and maintain news sources.
- Aggressive attitude with a strong desire to advance in broadcasting media. A news junkie.
- Quick learner who is fully committed to meeting the challenge.
- Ability to dig up stories, enterprise news a must.
- Excellent digital audio editing/technical broadcast skills.
- NewsBoss platform experience preferred.
- Multi-tasking pro.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in broadcast journalism or Associate’s Degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an active reporter, anchor or editor in a professional radio/TV journalism environment.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
As a media company, we are responsible for lifting and inspiring with respect and giving voice to all the communities and clients that we serve. A diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to our ability to create and deliver exceptional content, products, and services that represent our communities, and we believe that empowering all our employees to share their ideas and experiences will fuel creativity, innovation, and inspiration.
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.https://admin.sourcingpro.io/apply/62579/457441/
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Proven ability to handle stress.
- Ability to consistently work hours required. Works more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, evenings, etc.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
- Maintain positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management and clients
- In performing responsibilities, exhibit a thorough working knowledge and understanding of the BIC “Investigative Reporting Guidelines” as well as KTAR policy and FCC rules and regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality by not discussing internal matters, company strategies, client’s proprietary information, personnel matters, wage and salary information or any sensitive information with clients, competitors, listeners, the media or inappropriately with co-workers, and by not distributing our proprietary research or other information to our competitors.