Our company is committed to being trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
WHO WE ARE:
Bonneville International is an integrated media company, providing advertising and digital marketing solutions across 22 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, San Francisco, Sacramento, and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL-TV 5, in Salt Lake. As a leader in broadcasting and advertising for over 50 years, our purpose is to build up, connect, inform, and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We're proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
As Morning News Editor, you will play a critical role in the daily production of news stories for Arizona’s Morning News. We’re looking for a highly motivated, organized, detail-oriented professional to stay engaged and alert of all news updates, conduct interviews via zoom or by phone, execute breaking news and contribute to the content by writing, editing audio and performing on-air stories. The KTAR newsroom is a fast-paced, high-energy environment that produces live and local news content from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. on weekdays. In addition, you may be called upon to report and go live on stories. You must be organized, have great news judgment and write solid copy. This part-time position is an opportunity for a hungry broadcast professional with a desire to contribute to a winning team and advance in their career.
- Prepare content for Arizona’s Morning News. Monitor news inbox, wires, websites, social media and other sources for developing content.
- Reach out on stories, conduct interviews, upload show interviews to podcast, write stories based on guests and produce stories for the rest of the day.
- Maintain updates to “Daybook” (planner of daily story assignments) and file future daybook items.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet up to the minute/hourly/daily/weekly deadlines and be accurate and precise in writing news stories.
- Read news wires/social media regularly and other news sources for story ideas. Must have excellent writing skills.
- Can write grabbing, accruing and breaking social media updates and post to brand accounts.
- Can proficiently edit audio for both stories and podcasts.
- Put on the reporter hat when necessary to execute breaking news, or to further stories as developments arise. Perform live studio reports.
- Communicate closely with the digital and talk teams to share information with a focus on breaking news stories.
- Work effectively in a team environment and maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with the entire news team and management.
- Consistently work hours required. This position has work hours of 4 a.m. – 9 a.m. on weekdays.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
WHO YOU ARE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism, mass communications or media preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of news editor or producer experience preferred.
- The ability to understand and utilize news feeds and social media.
- Sound news judgement and ability to simplify press releases as well as government, and law enforcement information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including conversational, yet professional news delivery.
- Proficiency in editing audio using software like Audition or Newsboss Audio Editor.
- Prefer knowledge in using news software Newsboss.
- Multilingual skills preferred. Spanish language speaking and writing preferred.
- Strong desire to work at Arizona’s largest and most respected award-winning news radio station.
- We strongly encourage you to apply if you meet most of these qualifications.
- Ability to maintain a schedule of 4 a.m. – 9 a.m. daily start weekdays and perform at a high level.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
THE BONNEVILLE EXPERIENCE:
- Dynamic team culture that values teamwork, collaboration, integrity, and a shared purpose of delivering breaking news at the highest level of journalistic standards.
- Continuous growth and development training.
- Sick and holiday pay.
- Extraordinary benefits such as a 401k with matching, with no waiting period.
- 100% employer-funded retirement account, immediately 100% vested.
- We are focused on contributing to the communities we work in. We offer paid volunteer hours.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
To learn more about how our local media matters and to join our growing team, visit: https://bonneville.com/
As a media company, we are responsible for lifting and inspiring with respect and giving voice to all the communities and clients that we serve. A diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to our ability to create and deliver exceptional content, products, and services that represent our communities, and we believe that empowering all our employees to share their ideas and experiences will fuel creativity, innovation, and inspiration.
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.https://admin.sourcingpro.io/apply/54213/457441/