Salem Media Group in Sacramento is looking for a digital savvy, highly motivated sales professional to join our advertising team selling our digital marketing solutions including broadcast media (radio) to local small-to-medium sized businesses (SMBs). Our ideal candidate will be goal oriented, is a relentless hunter, driving to win new businesses, and has a track record of exceeding monthly goals. If you are passionate about media sales, have a deep knowledge of digital advertising principles and products, and possess excellent presentation and closing skills - then we look forward to talking with you! This position requires a heavy amount of prospecting and lead-development with SMBs. We pride ourselves on simplifying the marketing process for our customers while helping advertisers track the impact of their campaigns and understand their advertising options. In short, we help our customers grow their business.
Have at least 2 years of Marketing/Sales experience (preferred); be self-motivated and results oriented; have an outgoing, resilient personality; and confident and not willing to accept average; and enjoys the thrill of the hunt by bringing in new business.
* College degree with 3+ years of sales experience preferred
* Familiarity with the Sacramento media landscape and local SMB’s
* Skilled Hunter that has a Consultative Sales approach
* Proven track-record of developing partnerships with local, direct businesses
* A Demonstrated record of success in a fast paced, goal-oriented environment
* Knowledgeable of Digital products and applications such as Search Engine Marketing.
* Audience and Search Retargeting, Search Engine Optimization, Social Media Management and Marketing, Digital Display, Website Development, and Email Marketing; * Strong skills in planning, communicating, organizing, and in developing customer relationships; * Ability to develop a strategic sales plan; * Proficient in prospecting high potential accounts and setting up appointments with key decision makers with the ability to secure at least five appointments weekly with qualified prospects; * Demonstrates effective listening skills and able to deliver compelling advertising presentations; * Ability to develop a Digital Marketing plan that addresses client objectives and reaches the target audience; * Effectively able to overcome client objections and articulate the value of recommended solutions; * Ability to close annual Digital Marketing deals for at least $25K or more; * Strong problem-solving and analytical ability are essential.