Our company is committed to being trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
Who We Are
At Bonneville International, our purpose is to build up, connect, inform, and celebrate communities and families in the markets we serve. As an integrated media company, we provide content, advertising, and digital marketing solutions across 23 radio stations in Denver, Phoenix, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, and Seattle, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL-TV 5, in Salt Lake. We are responsible for lifting and inspiring with respect and giving voice to all the communities and clients we serve.
We believe that empowering our employees to share their ideas and experiences will fuel creativity, innovation, and inspiration. A diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to our ability to create and deliver exceptional content, products, and services that represent our communities. We’re proud of our history and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
To learn more about Bonneville and how our local media matters, visit: https://bonneville.com/
To create, report, gather, edit and update content for ArizonaSports.com. Ensure that all content on ArizonaSports.com is fresh and represents the high standards of Arizona Sports. The ideal candidate for this position demonstrates strong editorial skills and sound news judgment with experience reporting or writing for a print publication or online news outlet. This is a unique position that requires extreme flexibility, including some work on weekends, evenings, etc. In addition, the position requires the flexibility and dependability to work additional hours during breaking news and other big sporting events. Works closely with the digital media team, sports and other departments to help make ArizonaSports.com a world class web site.
Note: Work configurations are subject to change based on business needs and at company discretion.
- This position is a hybrid role that requires the employee to sometimes work at our Phoenix site. Specific hybrid schedules will be determined based on business needs and evaluated by managers and senior management.
What You Will Do:
Primary job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage daily content, information, news, and features for ArizonaSports.com. This is accomplished by story creation, use of graphics/images, web pages, audio/video, etc.
- Responsible for making sure the website is continually fresh with new content. Ensure that the Arizona Sports overall image of quality and leadership is carried over to the website.
- Ensure deadlines are met and projects are completed on time.
- Develop web pages for new site features, events, activities, etc. This includes gathering relevant information and graphic elements from various departments and entities for the website.
- Ensure that the web site provides and promotes sales activities. Help direct site toward becoming a profitable business activity.
- Market and promote the stations via the Internet and the website. This includes stations’ image and brand, events, products, etc. maximize the sites as effective communications medium for stations.
- Interface and coordinate with technical team regarding technical aspects of web operations (servers, connectivity, etc.). Work with IT to ensure that systems are functioning properly.
- Ensure that all web related systems are functioning on a daily basis; streaming, content/data feeds, ad servers, etc.
- Manage social media feeds and content that represent the brand. (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok)
- Offer ideas, suggestions, and other concepts for the stations’ Internet activities that are innovative and creative.
Skills and Experience We Are Looking For:
- Two years post high school education in communication/journalism with skills in the following areas: broadcast journalism, writing, computer and operational skills, related field, or equivalent.
- Experience working in a newsroom environment and/or experience writing for print or online news or sports site or blog. Prefer experience as a print reporter, copy editor and/or web editor.
- Exceptional news writing and sports writing skills including editing and grammar skills. Ability to edit, produce and create accurate, well-presented content in a quick, timely manner.
- Must possess typing skills and computer input ability. Basic computer skills and the ability to learn new programs and HTML are required. Must enjoy working with computers and technology.
- Able to produce, gather, edit, and update news and sports content for ArizonaSports.com and KTAR.com on a daily basis. Will require the production and gathering of text, images, web pages, audio/video, etc. and work closely with others in the newsroom to accomplish this function.
- Able to work independently with little supervision. Requires a track record of dependability and evidence of being a self-starter.
- As a key player of the Arizona Sports and KTAR News team, must be willing to offer ideas, suggestions and other concepts for the station’s Internet activities that are innovative and creative. Willingness to support web team and participate in a variety of Internet activities.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to operate computer keys and general office equipment. Ability to work on a computer for prolonged periods of time.
- Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
$20.50 to $24.50 per hour
Hourly rate will be determined by an evaluation of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant along with internal and external benchmarks.
What We Offer You: Check Out Our Bonneville Benefits!
Employees at Bonneville can enjoy a broad offering of benefits, including:
- Robust, affordable medical, dental and vision coverage with no wait period for enrollment
- 401(k) with Company match and employer-funded retirement account, both fully vested from day one
- Paid leave for new parents under our Medical Maternity (8 weeks) and Parental Leave (8 weeks) benefits
- Opportunities to apply for tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off for vacation (120 hours accrued per year) and sick leave (80 hours accrued per year) in addition to 12 paid company holidays per year
- Paid time off for volunteering (40 hours per year)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services
- Access to an entire team of free financial planners
- Matches on contributions to charitable organizations after one year of service
- Continuous growth and development opportunities
- Dynamic team culture that values teamwork, having fun, and collaboration
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.