Patheos'the premier online destination to
engage in the global dialogue about religion and spirituality'is
seeking a skilled Audio/Visual Curator to take over the management and
creation of audio and video content for Patheos.com. This position would
include overseeing an emerging podcast network currently under
development, as well as the development of original audio content,
podcasts, and video series.
As a team, we believe that our work, our
organization, and each of us as individuals is better when our
perspective and worldview is diverse, broad, and empathetic. We value
diversity, inclusion, and equity, and we encourage people from different
backgrounds and perspectives to apply.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Inaugurating and overseeing the Patheos faith and belief podcast network as well as various video projects.
- Executive producing new podcast shows
and video series, including sourcing hosts and editors for new shows as
needed, and overseeing the creation of video content for Patheos.
- Overseeing all elements of podcast and
video production from initial idea to final product'budgeting,
identifying technology needs, creating timelines, editing audio,
managing relationships with advertisers and contractors, ensuring final
quality of all shows, and advising on platforms and promotion strategies
within the podcast space and our YouTube channel.
- Identifying areas of growth for Patheos in both the audio and video arenas.
- Identifying and pursuing external partnerships related to audio and video projects.
- Assisting with audio as needed, potentially including live events and recordings.
Must haves that will enable you to succeed:
- Understanding of, and willingness to embrace, and promote the current vision and mission of Patheos.
- Proven ability to produce a
podcast/video from idea to launch, ideally across several genres and
with demonstrated success in audience growth.
- Skills in scriptwriting and working on narrated, research-heavy podcasts or video segments.
- Ability to provide guidance on best
practices in the audio/video space and take ownership over the audio
process and management of the video process.
Note: Qualified applicants for
this position will be asked to provide links to three shows/podcasts
produced (with description of role in production).
Desirable Work Experience:
- Management experience.
- Interest in religion media and faith communities, and enthusiasm for developing religious content.
- Network of sources within faith and belief communities helpful.
- Medical, Dental, AD&D, Life, and Vision Insurance
- 401K (with a company match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable donation matching
- Paid time off and 11 paid holidays
- Flexible schedule
- If you're the person we are looking
for, please apply! We offer a fantastic place to work, with aggressive
compensation, and a great benefits package, cool perks, a progressive
culture, awesome work environment with the chance to work on incredibly
- We are an equal opportunity employer,
and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are
encouraged to apply.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to
the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only
accept applications through our website.https://deseretmanagement.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/BNMedia/job/BN-Media-Virginia/Patheos-Audio-Visual-Curator_R3173-2