Blog Curator and Manager:
Patheos'the premier online destination to
engage in the global dialogue about religion and spirituality'is
seeking a skilled Blog Curator and Manager to take over a new position
at Patheos, which will focus on transitioning our open community of
nearly 300 bloggers to a regulated and more select group of diverse
bloggers. Scouting for new talent, coming up with ideas for new topical
blogs, and monitoring the current blogs to make sure they are following
Patheos rules/protocol, are key duties of this position. Training
bloggers to make their blogs more SEO effective and appealing to readers
and recommending posts (from the blogs) for both the newsletters and
the main page (based on what's trending)'are also essential functions of
As a team, we believe that our work, our
organization, and each of us as individuals is better when our
perspective and worldview is diverse, broad, and empathetic. We value
diversity, inclusion, and equity and we encourage people from different
backgrounds and perspectives to apply.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying potential bloggers from across a variety of faith traditions; those "mission fit."
- Overseeing and managing communication with Patheos bloggers' supervising and monitoring fit.
- Identifying areas of growth for Patheos within the blogsphere.
- Overseeing topical blog channels, including submissions, applications and promotion.
- Regularly uploading new content to website.
- Training bloggers on how to create a post/blog page that increases traffic without use of clickbait.
- Revamping and promoting Patheos "bloggers guide to success."
- Developing spaces for community and conversation building within Patheos blogs and on social media.
- Contributing ideas and stories towards other Patheos projects and working with the editorial team as needed.
Must haves that will enable you to succeed:
- Understanding of, and willingness to embrace, and promote the current vision and mission of Patheos.
- Evidence of strong familiarity with contemporary religious blogs.
- Tech savvy, with an ability to quickly learn new/unique computer programs.
Note: Qualified applicants for
this position will be asked to provide links to personal blog and/or
blogs he/she has contributed to or managed (with description of his/her
Desirable work experience:
- Experience in interfaith dialogue.
- Broad and diverse network of contacts within different religious communities.
- Knowledge of media norms and professional editing experience a plus.
- Medical, Dental, AD&D, Life, and Vision Insurance
- 401K (with a company match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable donation matching
- Paid time off and 11 paid holidays
- Flexible schedule
- If you're the person we are looking
for, please apply! We offer a fantastic place to work, with aggressive
compensation, and a great benefits package, cool perks, a progressive
culture, awesome work environment with the chance to work on incredibly
- We are an equal opportunity employer,
and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are
encouraged to apply.
For more information, or to apply now,
you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us
as we only accept applications through our website.https://deseretmanagement.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/BNMedia/job/BN-Media-Virginia/Patheos-Blog-Curator-and-Manager_R3172