Our company is committed to being trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
Who We Are
At Bonneville International, our purpose is to build up, connect, inform, and celebrate communities and families in the markets we serve. As an integrated media company, we provide content, advertising, and digital marketing solutions across 23 radio stations in Denver, Phoenix, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, and Seattle, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL-TV 5, in Salt Lake. We are responsible for lifting and inspiring with respect and giving voice to all the communities and clients we serve.
We believe that empowering our employees to share their ideas and experiences will fuel creativity, innovation, and inspiration. A diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to our ability to create and deliver exceptional content, products, and services that represent our communities. We’re proud of our history and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
To learn more about Bonneville and how our local media matters, visit: https://bonneville.com/
To update, gather and create news content for KTAR.com and ArizonaSports.com. Ensure that all news and sports content on the websites is fresh and represents the high standards of the Company. Work closely and alongside the Newsroom and other departments to achieve this goal. This job involves reporting on general news stories, sports stories and then writing articles for the websites.
Note: Work configurations are subject to change based on business needs and at company discretion.
- This position is an onsite role that requires the employee to regularly work at our Phoenix site.
What You Will Do:
Primary job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage daily content, information, news and features for stations’ websites. Produce graphics/images, web pages, stories, audio/video, etc. to accomplish this function.
- Responsible for making sure that websites are continually fresh from both a content and graphical perspective. Ensure that the KTAR News overall image of quality and leadership is carried over to the web site.
- Ensure deadlines are met and projects are completed on time.
- Develop web pages and websites for new site features, events, activities, etc. This includes gathering relevant information and graphic elements from various departments and entities for the website.
- Ensure that the website provides and promotes sales activities. Help direct site toward becoming a profitable business activity. Put a priority on sales production work.
- Market and promote the stations via the Internet and the website. This includes stations’ image and brand, events, products, etc. maximize the sites as effective communications medium for stations.
- Interface and coordinate with technical team regarding technical aspects of web operations (servers, connectivity, etc.). Work with IT to ensure that systems are functioning properly.
- Ensure that all web related systems are functioning on a daily basis; streaming, content/data feeds, ad servers, etc.
- Manage online events and special features (interactive contests, message boards, etc.) as well as social media content.
- Offer ideas, suggestions and other concepts for the stations’ Internet activities that are innovative and creative.
Skills and Experience We Are Looking For:
- Two years post high school education in communication/journalism with skills in the following areas: writing, computer and operational skills, related field, or equivalent.
- Experience working in a newsroom environment. Prefer experience as a reporter, copy editor and/or web editor.
- Exceptional news writing, editing, and grammar skills. Ability to edit, produce and create accurate, well-presented content in a quick, timely manner.
- Must possess typing skills and computer input ability. Basic computer skills and the ability to learn new programs and basic HTML are required. Must enjoy working with computers and technology.
- Able to produce, gather, edit and update news content for the KTAR News and Arizona Sports websites on a daily basis. Will require the production and gathering of text, images, web pages, audio/video, etc. and work closely with others in the newsroom to accomplish this function.
- Able to work independently with little supervision. Requires a track record of dependability and evidence of being a self-starter.
- Experience in a broadcast journalism environment, professional or collegiate level.
- Knowledge of newswire services and a working knowledge of computer skills.
- Aggressive attitude with a strong desire to advance in the broadcasting media.
- Quick learner who is fully committed to meeting the challenge.
- Strong desire to work at the state’s largest and most respected radio station.
- Multi-tasking pro.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to operate computer keys and general office equipment. Ability to work on a computer for prolonged periods of time.
- Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
$15.00-$18.00 per hour
Hourly rate will be determined by an evaluation of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant along with internal and external benchmarks.
What We Offer You: Check Out Our Bonneville Benefits!
Employees at Bonneville can enjoy a broad offering of benefits, including:
- Paid time off for sick leave (1 hour accrued for every 30 hours worked)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services
- Access to an entire team of free financial planners
- Matches on contributions to charitable organizations after one year of service
- Continuous growth and development opportunities
- Dynamic team culture that values teamwork, having fun, and collaboration
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.https://deseretmanagement.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/BonPhoenix/job/Phoenix/Bonneville-Phoenix-PT-Web-Content-Editor_R5480