POSTING DATE: August 30, 2022
POSITION TITLE: Digital Content Producer
REPORTS TO: News Management
Position Summary: This role is responsible for updating local website, curating high-performing content, crafting homepage layouts driven by data, and helping to report news -- everything from quick-hit local stories to breaking news and enterprise reports. This role will work on building a loyal local audience by being responsive to traffic patterns and audience interest while serving as a steward of our brands.
· Curate and aggregate a steady stream of interesting content that is packaged and promoted in a way that generates engagement and repeat site visitation.
· Monitor all forms of media (print, TV, digital, blogs, and social) and be quick to report breaking news stories, and always on the hunt for exclusive and or trending content that will grow engagement and drive loyal, local traffic
· Flexibility to perform duties
· Excellent at writing headlines that grow audience and engagement
· Prioritize packaging content that grows page views per visitor and time-on-site, using headline testing, metric tools, and observed patterns to guide decision making
· Understand different ways to tell a story, particularly producing short videos and choosing great photos.
· Evaluate website traffic trends to make decisions on daily content needs and longer-term content curation to grow the local audience.
· Build positive working relationships with newsroom staff and management, work collaboratively on enterprise content, and create opportunities to market web content on the broadcast.
· Promote and distribute news content on social media.
Skill/ Experience Requirements
· 2 years of experience in digital content and journalism
· Clever headline writer that gets readers to click
· Strong multi-tasking abilities
· Organized, technical problem solver and quick decision-maker
· Capable of researching, interviewing and writing original news articles
· Knowledge of SEO best practices and AP Style
· Enjoys working in teams and has excellent interpersonal skills
· Ease with/ability to learn new technology independently and quickly
· Strong communicator
· Regularly meets measurements of success
· Proficiency in MS Office; HTML, CSS, and Photoshop experience a plus
Website audience producer will attend local editorial meetings as needed/assigned. Producer will be familiar with local, regional, and national content and use data to decide what stories to publish and how to showcase them on the website. Producer will take stories from newsroom and digital reporters and help package the content for optimal engagement. Producer will need to improve headlines and thumbnail images. Producer will communicate successes across the team and the regional group to maximize traffic across as many websites as possible.
Additional Information: STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
Contact: Apply by going to the link listed below and then filter the job search by location (US-OK-Oklahoma City). This will allow you to view all current postings for KFOR jobs.