ESPN Chicago Play-by-Play Sales Manager
ESPN Chicago is proud to be the future home of the Chicago Bears and the home of the Chicago White Sox since 2021. For the first time, ESPN Chicago will be the Home of the Chicago Bears, an iconic franchise in a great sports city. We are looking for a Chicago Bears and Chicago White Sox Play by Play Sales Manager who can innovate, lead, strategize, and execute these high-profile rights partnerships.
Daily Tasks of a Play-by-Play Sales Manager:
· Manage and build the play-by-play sales team and oversee revenue the Chicago Bears and Chicago White Sox Play by Play Radio Networks on WMVP-AM/ESPN Chicago
· Shape sales strategy for the Chicago Bears and Chicago White Sox Play by Play Radio Networks on ESPN Chicago and
· Customize programs that focus on the needs and objectives of our advertising partners
· Knowledge and experience with traffic driving retail promotions utilizing ESPN Chicago, ESPN digital and Chicago Bears and Chicago White Sox team marks/logos
· Gameday entertainment and hospitality with current advertising partners and prospective advertising partners throughout Chicago Bears and Chicago White Sox seasons
· Responsible for achieving and managing Chicago Bears and Chicago White Sox Play by Play budgets and cash flow expectations
· Handle internal communication between play-by-play sales team and other departments within ESPN Chicago
· Ability to appropriately price and maximize revenue in building solutions that will achieve results for our advertising partners
· Utilize CRM to prospect, monitor sales activity and forecast
· Work across GKB divisions on play-by-play strategy by contributing and attending company training and strategy calls
· Develop relationships with area businesses and decision makers
· New business account development
· Network with local businesses to expand your sphere of influence in the market
· Be a Good Karma Brands ambassador by adhering to the GKB core values: Listen, Be Honest, Follow Through, Work Hard, Teamwork and Over Deliver
Preferred knowledge, skills and qualifications:
· 5+ years of previous play by play sales and/or sales and management experience
· Passion for managing sales, marketing, and service
· Team player that can have an impact on cross-platform sales opportunities
· Goal oriented and creative self-starter, an entrepreneurial spirit
· Demonstrated success in reaching and exceeding goals with business owners, CEO's, general managers, etc. in local companies, as well as advertising agencies
· Proven business acumen
· With this career, you are required to hold a valid driver’s license
This is an exempt role with a competitive base salary. This role is eligible for full benefits including health, dental and vision insurance, Life Insurance, STD, LTD, 401(k) Plan, Dependent Care, paid parental leave, and more with opportunities for salary growth increase with skills and responsibilities and meeting targeted goals. The position will be required to work some evenings and weekends.
Opportunity for Growth:
Teammates have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within Good Karma Brands and are responsible to represent GKB, our story, and our core values inside and outside the workplace. Teammates are encouraged to take a proactive role in building relationships and seeking opportunities throughout the company.
How to Apply:
Apply by submitting resume to www.goodkarmabrands.com/careers. All are encouraged to apply
About Good Karma Brands:
Good Karma Brands, LLC (GKB) is a media and marketing company with expertise in leveraging the power of sports and local news to build brands through radio, digital, events, and TV assets. Radio assets include eight ESPN affiliated radio stations in Beaver Dam, Chicago, Cleveland, Los Angeles, Madison, Milwaukee, New York City, and West Palm Beach, Newsradio 620 WTMJ and 101.7 The Truth in Milwaukee, and 95.3 WBEV, powered by Daily Dodge in Beaver Dam, Wis. In partnership with ESPN, GKB also offers local marketing partners geo-targeted advertising on ESPN’s digital platforms. In addition to its radio assets, GKB boasts premium brands, including the Tundra Trio hospitality houses in Green Bay, Wis., and the organization executes all Florida-based bowl games, including the RoofClaim.com Boca Raton Bowl and others. For more information, please visit www.goodkarmabrands.com.
Good Karma Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consistently renew our commitment to creating and maintaining an inclusive workplace for all. We foster integrity, respect within the workplace, and believe that the foundation of our success is our collective differences and diversity of thought. We welcome all to help us continue to build a community that embodies and promotes diversity, inclusion, and belonging for all.