Our company is committed to being trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and operate 22 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, San Francisco, Sacramento and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. We're proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
To create, edit, gather, update and write online news stories for KTAR.com. The ideal candidate for this position demonstrates strong editorial and writing skills, plus sound news judgment with experience reporting and writing for a news outlet. Ensure that all content on KTAR.com is fresh and represents the high standards of the stations’ on-air products. This position includes some work on weekends and evenings. In addition, the position requires the flexibility and dependability to work additional hours during breaking news and other events. Works closely with the digital news team, news radio and other departments to help make KTAR.com a world class web site.
- Responsible for making sure that the web site is continually fresh from both a content as well as a graphical perspective. Ensure that the KTAR News overall image of quality and leadership is carried over to the web site.
- Manage daily content, information, news and features for stations’ web sites. Produce graphics/images, web pages, stories, audio/video, etc. to accomplish this function.
- Ensure deadlines are met and projects are completed on time.
- Help manage brand social media accounts and post content during shift. Will also need to send app notifications, text alerts and newsletters.
- Offer ideas, suggestions, and other concepts for the stations’ Internet activities that are innovative and creative.
- Develop web pages and web sites for new site features, events, activities, etc. This includes gathering relevant information and graphic elements from various departments and entities for the web site.
- Ensure that the web site provides and promotes sales activities. Help direct the site toward becoming a profitable business activity.
- Market and promote the stations via the Internet and the web site. This includes stations’ image and brand, events, products, etc. maximize the sites as effective communications medium for stations.
- Interface and coordinate with technical team regarding technical aspects of web operations (servers, connectivity, etc.). Work with IT to ensure that systems are functioning properly.
- Ensure that all web related systems are functioning on a daily basis; streaming, content/data feeds, ad servers, etc..
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Two years post high school education in communication/journalism with skills in the following areas: broadcast journalism, writing, computer and operational skills, related field, or equivalent.
- Experience working in a newsroom environment and/or experience writing for print or online news or sports site or blog. Prefer experience as a print reporter, copy editor and/or web editor.
- Exceptional news writing skills including editing and grammar skills. Ability to edit, produce and create accurate, well presented content in a quick, timely manner.
- Must possess typing skills and computer input ability. Basic computer skills and the ability to learn new programs and HTML are required. Must enjoy working with computers and technology.
- Able to produce, gather, edit and update news content for the KTAR web site and the Arizona Sports web site on a daily basis. Will require the production and gathering of text, images, web pages, audio/video, etc. and work closely with others in the newsroom to accomplish this function.
- Able to work independently with little supervision. Requires a track record of dependability and evidence of being a self-starter.
- As a key player of the KTAR News and Arizona Sports team, must be willing to offer ideas, suggestions and other concepts for the station’s Internet activities that are innovative and creative. Willingness to support web team and participate in a variety of Internet activities.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Proven ability to handle stress.
- Willingness to telecommute or work remotely as necessary.
- Ability to consistently work hours required. Works more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, evenings, etc.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
- Maintain positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management and clients
- Consistently works hours required. Position requires extreme flexibility: able to work evenings, weekends, odd hours, etc. to ensure that web site is continually updated and fresh. Flexibility to work during breaking news and other big news or sports events required. Willing to update content remotely from home, etc. as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality by not discussing internal matters, company strategies, client’s proprietary information, personnel matters, wage and salary information or any sensitive information with clients, competitors, listeners, the media or inappropriately with co-workers, and by not distributing our proprietary research or other information to our competitors.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.https://admin.sourcingpro.io/apply/58748/457441/