Our company is committed to being trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
Who We Are
At Bonneville International, our purpose is to build up, connect, inform, and celebrate communities and families in the markets we serve. As an integrated media company, we provide content, advertising, and digital marketing solutions across 23 radio stations in Denver, Phoenix, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, and Seattle, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL-TV 5, in Salt Lake. We are responsible for lifting and inspiring with respect and giving voice to all the communities and clients we serve.
We believe that empowering our employees to share their ideas and experiences will fuel creativity, innovation, and inspiration. A diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to our ability to create and deliver exceptional content, products, and services that represent our communities. We’re proud of our history and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
To learn more about Bonneville and how our local media matters, visit: https://bonneville.com/
We are looking for a dynamic, strong voice with ample broadcast experience to deliver powerful newscasts in an urgent and thorough manner. As an anchor, you will be an effective team member and make a full contribution to the success of the station. Your contribution as a news anchor on weekends help to make KTAR the leading provider of breaking, timely, relevant news and information.
Note: Work configurations are subject to change based on business needs and at company discretion.
- This position is an onsite role that requires the employee to regularly work at our Phoenix site.
What You Will Do:
Primary job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform live in-studio newscasts twice an hour, with more added in the event of breaking news.
- Present compelling, informative, personable and impactful newscasts with an emphasis on local and breaking news.
- Report news in a way that is constantly fresh, new, unique and exciting while maintaining the integrity of news standards.
- Deliver traffic and weather reports within live newscasts.
- Have an aptitude for and urgency in assessing and delivering breaking news.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet up to the minute/hourly/daily/weekly deadlines and be accurate and precise in writing news stories.
- Read news wires/social media regularly and other news sources for story ideas. Must have excellent writing skills.
- Communicate closely with the digital teams to share information with a focus on breaking news stories.
- Work effectively in a team environment and maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with the entire news team and management.
- A self-starter and easily self-motivated within independent work.
- Consistently work hours required. This position has work hours of 12p-8p on Sundays.
- During holidays, vacations or breaking news, you may be asked to fill in at different times of day and/or weekends.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
Skills and Experience We Are Looking For:
- A bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism, mass communications or media preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of news anchor or reporter experience preferred.
- The ability to understand and utilize news feeds and social media.
- Sound news judgement and ability to simplify press releases as well as government, and law enforcement information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including conversational, yet professional news delivery.
- Proficiency in editing audio using software like Audition or Newsboss Audio Editor.
- NewsBoss platform experience preferred.
- Multilingual skills preferred. Spanish language speaking and writing preferred.
- Strong desire to work at Arizona’s largest and most respected award-winning news radio station.
- We strongly encourage you to apply if you meet most of these qualifications.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to operate computer keys and general office equipment. Ability to work on a computer for prolonged periods of time.
- Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
Hourly rate to be determined by multiple factors including but not limited to evaluation of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant along with internal equity and alignment with market data.
What We Offer You: Check Out Our Bonneville Benefits!
Employees at Bonneville can enjoy a broad offering of benefits, including:
- Paid sick time earned at 1 hour for every 30 hours worked
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services
- Access to an entire team of free financial planners
- Matches on contributions to charitable organizations after one year of service
- Continuous growth and development opportunities
- Dynamic team culture that values teamwork, having fun, and collaboration
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.