Our company is committed to being trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
WHO WE ARE:
Bonneville International is an integrated media company, providing advertising and digital marketing solutions across 22 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, San Francisco, Sacramento and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL-TV 5, in Salt Lake. As a leader in broadcasting and advertising for over 50 years, our purpose is to build up, connect, inform, and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We're proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
Function as the producer for a talk show. Assist in coordinating live interviews, audio elements, digital elements, radio elements and other program content. Produce entertaining and informative programming by using all resources. Make full contribution to assigned time segment and work effectively with on-air host(s). Operate the on-air studio console and assure accurate broadcasts.
- Work in tandem with on-air talk host(s) in producing compelling talk show programming and provide guidance and feedback to enhance his/her on-air presentation.
- Evaluate current news or sports events each day and offer suggestions on how those events might be presented on the air in a way that is compelling to all listeners.
- Research possible interview topics and guests by careful study of developing news through printed media (magazines, newspapers, books, the Internet, etc.) and by phone and/or personal contact with community and national organizations.
- Working knowledge of current local/national news and/or sports events to be able to add to radio segments.
- Working knowledge of pop culture. Assist with keeping the show updated on the latest trends in pop culture.
- Share and brainstorm ideas which could bring about programming continuity. Work cooperatively with other producer(s) and with other stations, for news ideas. Fill in for other producer(s) as necessary.
- Contribute show information to all social media platforms.
- Focused operation of on-air console.
- Air commercials per program log.
- Maintain accurate transmitter logs and program logs.
- Double check that audio elements are problem free before they air.
- Ensure that transmitter is operating according to FCC parameters
- Record satellite feeds.
- Air emergency alerts.
- Communicate and be a part of shows with hosts/anchors on upcoming elements.
- Give time cues.
- Report equipment problems, update discrepancy reports to communicate any occurrence that departs from program log or quality goals.
THE BONNEVILLE EXPERIENCE:
- Dynamic team culture that values teamwork, having fun, and collaboration
- Continuous growth and development training
- Generous PTO policy in addition to paid holidays
- Extraordinary benefits such as a 401k with matching, with no waiting period
- 100% employer-funded retirement account, immediately 100% vested
- High value health care plans at low prices (Medical, Dental, Disability, FSA, Vision)
- We are focused on contributing to the communities we work in. We encourage our employees through initiatives such as matching for personal charitable giving and fundraising and paid volunteer hours.
- Cultural and team building events throughout the year
WHO YOU ARE:
- Two years post high school education in communication/journalism with skills in the following areas: booking guests, broadcast journalism, writing, computer and operational skills, related field, or equivalent.
- Two years of experience in news/talk/sports radio control room work.
- Experience in a broadcast journalism environment, professional or collegiate level.
- Knowledge of newswire services and a working knowledge of computer skills.
- Aggressive attitude with a strong desire to advance in the broadcasting media.
- Quick learner who is fully committed to meeting the challenge.
- Strong desire to work at the state’s largest and most respected radio station.
- Multi-tasking pro.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
To learn more about how our local media matters and to join our growing team, visit: https://bonneville.com/
As a media company, we are responsible for lifting and inspiring with respect and giving voice to all the communities and clients that we serve. A diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to our ability to create and deliver exceptional content, products, and services that represent our communities, and we believe that empowering all our employees to share their ideas and experiences will fuel creativity, innovation, and inspiration.
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.https://admin.sourcingpro.io/apply/58733/457441/