Operation Blessing – TX, FL, VA
Operation Blessing (OB) is seeking an on-air reporter to serve as a National Media Liaison and report OB’s efforts to help those in need in the wake of disasters. This position will capture footage of disaster relief efforts in real time as well as write, edit, and produce stories and testimonials to be used for a variety of media sources.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
· Strong working knowledge in television production, print journalism, communications media and/or public relations experience
· Strong ability to write, shoot, and edit feature stories
· Professional on-air reporting experience with recorded standups, and live shots
· Professional video experience including shooting, lighting, and editing
· Technical experience with remote LIVE broadcast using TVU or Skype.
· Proficiency with professional DSLR cameras (Sony A7SIII or equivalent) and audio operation for broadcast.
· Proficient in non-linear editing with Adobe Premiere Pro and experience with the Adobe Creative Suite: After Effects, Lightroom, Photoshop.
· Ability to perform audio editing and mixing tasks
· Strong working knowledge of writing feature stories
· Experience and proficiency with still photography
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
· Ability to interact with staff and public in a positive manner
· Computer skills with Microsoft Office
· Ability to stand for extended periods of time and bend and lift up to 50 lbs.
· Ability to make business-related purchases on behalf of organization
· Required to travel and stay in the field for extended periods of time during disaster deployments
· Available to work flexible hours and travel on short notice
· Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record
· Required to have a personal vehicle for non-disaster work responsibilities
Please include internet link to video portfolio.
Operation Blessing (OB) is a non-profit humanitarian organization that provides strategic relief on an ongoing basis through core programs such as hunger relief, medical care, clean water, and disaster relief. Headquartered in beautiful Virginia Beach, VA, OB offers a professional and rewarding work environment, competitive salary, and full benefits package. If you meet the listed qualifications and are in agreement with OB’s mission and purpose, please submit an application online by visiting our OB Job Board.
We are unable to give full consideration to resumes without applications.