13abc Action News is in Northwestern Ohio. We are a region of proud automotive workers home to both Chrysler and GM plants. Our next news anchor, must hit the road with all engines firing.
· Are you a Wrangler who will use editorial judgement to round-up the best content of the day?
· Can you smoothly navigate the breaking news Terrain that’s often filled with potholes and unexpected detours?
· Will you Traverse northern Ohio and southern Michigan covering news stories, meeting and interviewing the viewers and content users that drive our ratings?
· Can you cover news Trax in the field to generate, produce and deliver special event coverage and high-profile reports?
· Are you a Compass, someone who is rooted in journalistic values and can guide inexperienced journalists into the next generation of both producing and storytelling?
· Will you step out of your Enclave to collaborate and communicate with producers and technical crews?
· Do you have the horsepower to be a Trailblazer leading both new and veteran journalists on a successful path of content distribution on all station platforms?
· Can you Envision paving the way, creating an around the clock digital content center and then offer Encore presentations day after day?
· Can you be a Gladiator that champions community initiatives?
· What about a Renegade? Are someone who realizes the way we’ve always done things isn’t the way we will succeed in the future?
If you don’t understand the automotive references, put on the brakes. If you get the direction we’re driving, power on.
Northwestern Ohio is not only an automotive region, but also a growing medical community that includes ProMedica Hospital and the University of Toledo Medical Center. We are extremely passionate about our local universities, their educational programs and sports teams: The Ohio State University Buckeyes, the University of Michigan Wolverines, the University of Toledo Rockets and the Bowling Green State University Falcons.
We enjoy all four seasons and the activities that come with each. Nature is always but only a short distance away, with many surrounding parks and Lake Erie for recreation. The roller coaster capital of the world, Cedar Point, is just a short drive from the television station. We have two minor league sports teams. The Toledo Mud Hens have a rich baseball history and loyal following. Not to be outdone are the fans of our hockey team, the Toledo Walleye. We have a national recognized zoo and art museum. We also love our food. There are many outstanding restaurants and local festivals throughout the year.
Since 1948, generations of families have grown up counting on WTVG to be a window to their world on-air and now digitally. Our people, on-air and behind the scenes, are trusted friends and neighbors in the community. There is a culture within our walls that recognizes the responsibility to continue what began over seventy years ago. Our staff cares about each other and knows that we are stronger as one team than as individuals.