KWBU’s News Reporter will be the voice of Waco Public Radio for local news and feature stories, reporting timely local news and producing at least one feature news story (3 – 5 minutes) per week.
Journalism experience is required. The ideal candidate will have experience in broadcast journalism and familiarity with NPR style reporting. Familiarity with station operations, procedures and automation is a plus.
Some weekend and holiday work will be required.
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
· Enthusiasm for local news.
· Strong research and writing skills. Ability to write quickly and communicate clearly, producing news and feature stories for radio and web.
· Ability to work collaboratively with a small team, complete work on deadline with minimal supervision, and interact with the public in a professional manner.
· Professional on-air delivery.
· Commitment to journalistic ethics as delineated in NPR Ethics Handbook and “Society of Professional Journalists Code of Ethics.”
· Willingness to learn and the desire to continually improve your craft.
· Ability to react to, produce and post breaking news when needed.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule (some evenings, weekends & holidays required).
· Willingness to participate in on-air membership drives and to appear at station events.
· Occasionally fill-in as morning host.
· Must have valid driver license and reliable transportation.
Qualified candidates must submit cover letter, résumé with professional references and .mp3 audio files of at least three news stories, including at least one 3 – 5-minute feature, to Carla Hervey via email at Carla_Hervey@baylor.edu.
Brazos Valley Public Broadcasting Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.