Our company is committed to being trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
Bonneville International is an integrated media company, providing advertising and digital marketing solutions across 22 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, San Francisco, Sacramento and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. As a leader in broadcasting and advertising for over 50 years, our purpose is to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We're proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
Bonneville Phoenix internships are semester-long opportunities for college students to gain a fuller understanding of the braodcast industry and expand their skill sets. Bonneville Phoenix offers two internship opportunities. On in our News/Talk department and one that is split between Sports Programming and Digital Content.
NEWS/TALK INTERNSHIP CURRICULUM:
- This internship is divided into two parts: News Programming and Talk Programming
- In news programming, the intern will learn all aspects of the radio newsroom by experiencing it first-hand. The intern will be given the opportunity to pull audio, learn how to conduct interviews and create content for on-air and online distribution.
- In talk programming, the interns will learn the ins and outs of producing a quality talk show while developing and honing talk host skills. The interns will observe and interact with talk show producers and hosts, edit and produce talk show podcasts/interviews, learn how to operate the on-air audio console, help select stories for talk shows, observe the talk show prep process and learn how to screen talk show callers.
DIGITAL CONTENT/SPORTS PROGRAMMING INTERNSHIP CURRICULUM:
- This internship is divided into two parts: Digital Content and Sports Programming
- In digital content, the intern will learn all aspects of digital’s contribution in the newsroom. The intern will gain experience in writing news stories from press releases, interviews, raw audio, aggregation and social media. The intern will also learn the strategy and planning needed to maintain a news/sports website.
- In sports programming, the interns will learn the “behind-the-scenes” aspect of sports programming. The intern will observe and interact with sports talk show producers and hosts, learn how to pull audio and how to edit and use that audio for a show, learn how to produce and edit sports interviews and learn how a talk show comes together from planning to execution.
- Due to COVID-19, the company may require the interns to perform some or all of their learning through virtual means off-site.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be currently registered as a college/university student, eligible to receive internship credit through their educational institution.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Schedule is between 15 and 25 hours per week depending on school requirements.
- No guarantee of employment upon completion of internship
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 50 pounds on occasion.
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.https://admin.sourcingpro.io/apply/20485/457441/