Salem Media Group is a leading broadcaster of religious programming and informative talk. The company
owns and operates commercial radio stations in major markets throughout the Unites States. Come see
how Salem is DIFFERENT and why we’ve been awarded as a “Great Place to Work” and as a “Best and
Brightest” employer.” Salem Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FT Salary, determined and based on experience with a full benefits package, paid parking and a positive work environment.
· Assisting Operations Director in day to day operations
· Building and managing program clocks in our automation system
· Checking logs daily to ensure commercials and programming elements are ready to air properly
· Filing daily commercial discrepancy reports
· Conducting EAS tests on time
· Downloading audio programs and loading them into our automation system and podcast platforms
· Recording clients and editing programs for air
· Assist producing radio commercials
· Oversee remote broadcasts using IP based remote gear
· Recording and/or producing of compelling live radio talk shows and podcasts that comply with FCC regulations and standards
• Driving to events to set up and engineer live remote broadcasts. Attend and assist with station promotional events as needed
• Training board operators and other personnel to use studio gear, broadcast, and other equipment
• Responding to technical issues as part of our 24-hour on-call team
• Manage FCC Mandated Public Files
• Other duties to be assigned
· Minimum of 2 years of experience of radio operations experience
· Detail oriented, able to multi-task and be a team player
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, dead-line oriented environment.
· Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
Special Job Requirements:
Proficient in Rivendell or Wide Orbit Audio Control System, and experience using Axia audio mixing consoles or other comparable systems, Adobe Audition audio recording software, Comrex audio codecs, TELCO systems, Autopilot remote transmitter control software or other comparable systems, and Microsoft Office is required. Wide Orbit traffic experience is a plus! Candidate must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
Apply On-line at https://salemmedia.com
Click on Careers on the top right-hand side
Search for the position Operations Assistant