KWBU’s Operations Assistant/Producer/Host will work with volunteer hosts to produce local segments/programs, update broadcast automation, locally host NPR’s All Things Considered, and serve as back-up host for Morning Edition. Familiarity with NPR preferred. A valid Texas driver license is required.
Working in a small market station brings the expectation of assisting in many varied tasks, providing the opportunity to learn about all areas of station operations. Some weekend and holiday work will be required.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
· Working with volunteer hosts to produce local short segments and at least one longer weeky program
· Proficiency with ENCO automation system
· Serving as back-up host for Morning Edition
· Covering occasional weekend and on-call shifts
· Participation in fund drives
Qualified candidates must submit cover letter, résumé with professional references, and .mp3 audio file sample of on-air hosting to Carla Hervey via email at Carla_Hervey@baylor.edu.
Brazos Valley Public Broadcasting Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities encouraged to apply.