The KWBU Operations Assistant/ Host will be the fill in host for Morning Edition.
As a small market station, expect to assist in all areas of station operations.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in radio and familiarity with NPR. Job duties include but are not limited to:
• Serving as back up host for Morning Edition
• Proficiency with the ENCO automation system
• Working with volunteer hosts to produced local segments and a weekly 29-minute program
• Maintaining and updating areas of the KWBU web site
• Flexibility in schedule, including covering occasional weekend and on-call shifts
• Participation in fund drives
• Mentoring, teaching and supervising KWBU journalism interns
Qualified candidates must submit cover letter, resume with professional reference and .mp3 audio files of at least five minutes of hosting and production work to KWBU Station Manager Brodie Bashaw via email at Brodie_Bashaw@baylor.edu no later than Dec. 18, 2020.
Brazos Valley Public Broadcasting Foundation is an equal opportunity employer – women and minorities encouraged to apply.
Full job description on-line at www.kwbu.org.