The KWBU Reporter will be the voice of KWBU for local content – producing an average of one feature news story (3 to 5 minutes) per week. Other occasional production will be required.
As a small market station, expect to work various hours and to assist in all areas of station operations. Some weekend and holiday work will be required.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in broadcast journalism and familiarity with NPR style reporting. Job duties include but are not limited to:
• Producing one feature news story per week
• Proficiency with the ENCO automation system
• Working with volunteer hosts
• Maintaining and updating the news area of the KWBU web site
• Covering occasional weekend and on-call shifts
• Use of a variety of studio and field equipment
• Participation in fund drives
• Mentoring, teaching and supervising KWBU journalism interns
Qualified candidates must submit cover letter, resume with professional reference and .mp3 audio files of at least three news stories to KWBU Station Manager Brodie Bashaw via email at Brodie_Bashaw@baylor.edu no later than Dec. 18,2020.
Brazos Valley Public Broadcasting Foundation is an equal opportunity employer – women and minorities encouraged to apply.
Full job description on-line at www.kwbu.org.