Patheos General Manager
the premier online destination to engage in a global dialogue around
spirituality, beliefs, and religion, is seeking a skilled General
Manager to oversee the company's daily publishing and content
operations. This position combines the innovativeness of a creative with
the practical focus of an operations manager.
the right candidate if you have proven experience building a
high-performing team and helping them to succeed while working together.
In this role you will be a business manager, strategy architect, and
advocate for listening and learning. You will be responsible for finding
unique solutions to complex problems and creating a vision then leading
your team to achieve it.
- Experience successfully managing a high performing team or department and a P/L
- Proven experience managing products and experiences from conceptualization through strategy, development, and launch
- Working knowledge of SEO and social media optimization techniques
- 8-10+ years of business experience in marketing, content strategy, product management, business, technology, or a related field
- Integrated marketing and communications experience
- Understanding of data science, analytics, or ad optimization
- Business strategy and management expertise
- Strong drive, initiative, and a self-starter
Responsibilities of the role:
- Articulate and share a clear vision of what the business is trying to accomplish
- Build and manage a team of marketing, content, technical, and operational people to deliver on the vision
- Manage and execute site-wide content editorial initiatives
- Plan and execute content strategy utilizing new and traditional
publishing formats including video, audio, and text, while ensuring
compliance with editorial guidelines, house styles, and tone
- Continually learning to understand the opportunities, competition, and landscape
- Work from a nuanced and empathetic understanding of the audience
- Create experiences that shape how people think, feel, and behave
- Bring people to those experiences with integrated marketing and advertising campaign
- Utilize data to derive insights, expand reach, and optimize impact
- Test, learn, listen, and pivot
- Develop sustainable business and revenue strategies
- Manage a P/L to keep the business on track
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Vision Insurance
- 401K (with a company match)
- Paid time off and 11 paid holidays
The office for this position is in Virginia Beach, Virginia, but remote is possible.
We believe that our work, our
organization, and each of us as individuals is better when our
perspective and worldview is diverse, broad, and empathetic. All
qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation,
national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Patheos
is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website
below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept
applications through our website.