Red Apple Media is searching for Part-Time Phone Screeners for 77 Talk Radio WABC (New York, NY) and Talk Radio 107.1 WLIR-FM (Hampton Bays, NY). Phone Screeners help execute great radio programming by answering calls during live shows and interacting with listeners. Phone Screeners also post social media content during the show and post audio for on-demand / podcast listening. This is an entry-level part-time position in radio broadcasting with the opportunity for growth.
• Answer phones for show duration and work with show producer to get callers on-air.
• Post to social media accounts during show and interact with followers
• Pull and edit audio and post on station site and podcast platforms for on-demand listening
• Complete forms for promotions department for all on-air giveaways during show
• Available to work assigned shifts including early mornings, nights, overnights, weekends and holidays
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in Google Apps Business Suite (Gmail / Docs / Sheets / Slides / Drive) or equivalent
• Must be able to work with little supervision and multiple demands during a live broadcast
• Dependability, reliability and extreme attention to detail a must
• Knowledge of and use of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
• Familiarity with broadcasting automation systems like Zetta Radio Automation System a plus
• Familiarity with audio editing software like Adobe Audition a plus
• An internship or some experience in the same / similar position in radio is a plus
• High school diploma required. College or related technical training a plus
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter. Use the subject header P/T Phone Screener and let us know you found the job on TV & Radio Jobs. No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Red Apple Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer