POSITION TITLE: Photojournalist
REPORTS TO: Chief Photographer
We are looking for an enthusiastic Photographer to add to our award-winning team. You should be a creative storyteller and a motivated team player a minimum of two years news gathering experience is preferred. This is not a one-man-band position. You will develop stories with a reporter and give input throughout the development of your story. Between our 2 stations we produce 9 1/2 hours of news a day so don't apply if you aren't ready to work. We maintain high photojournalistic standards and believe in giving feedback that encourages development. Live truck knowledge is helpful, but we will train no matter what your previous experience. A clean driving record is a must.
1. Ensures the highest quality pictures and sound for all stories shot.
2. Works alone or with a reporter/anchor/producer/or writer to produce the story for air.
3. Operates ENG microwave equipment.
4. Maintains inventory of all assigned equipment and responsible for its upkeep.
5. Responsible for the maintenance of station assigned vehicle.
6. Must be available to work station promotional events.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. A valid Oklahoma Driver’s License.
2. Have experience with nonlinear editing systems.
3. Ability to carry and operate equipment weighing over 65 pounds.
4. Must be able to work under extreme pressure, stress and deadlines.
5. Ability to shoot and edit videotape under any type weather condition or deadlines.
6. Experience with ENG, live microwave equipment.
Internal Contacts: All station personnel
External Contact: General public
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc. Other duties as assigned.
Apply by going to the link listed below and then filter the job search by location (US-OK-Oklahoma City). This will allow you to view all current postings for KFOR jobs. https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar
Nexstar is an Equal Opportunity Employer