KUSKOKWIM PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORPORATION
KSKO Radio PO Box 70 McGrath, Alaska 99627
POSITION: PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Definition: Under the supervision of the General Manager, the Program Director is responsible for the maintenance, development and operations of the overall programming format of KSKO to ensure its on air presence. The Program Director shall serve as a liaison in programming matters between management, the Community Advisory Board and the general public.
1. Must be at least 18 years old. High School diploma or GED and valid driver’s license.
2. Must have experience in radio programming, operations and production.
3. Must have excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with paid and volunteer staff, community, listeners in a cooperative and professional manner.
4. Technical experience and proficiency preferred including experience with automation equipment.
5. Audio production skills helpful.
6. Computer experience and ability to do a good on-air music program in any genre of music.
7. Must be willing to host daily newscasts and fill in for other staff members as needed.
8. Experience requirements may be waived at the discretion of the General Manager.
1. Responsible to the maintenance and development of the overall programming format and operations of KSKO.
2. Responsible for the daily maintenance, programming and operation of the station’s automation system and web sites.
3. Evaluation, selection, production and scheduling of on-air programming in harmony with existing schedule and policy.
4. Responsible for proper recording and scheduling of all satellite programs/feeds.
5. Function as an on-air operator/newscaster a minimum of 10 hours per week.
6. Share weekend on call with other staff; fill in as needed for on-air shifts.
7. Responsible for maintaining KSKO’s on air quality and maintaining on air promos.
8. Responsible for maintaining KSKO’s music library.
9. Recruits, trains, schedules and supervises on air volunteers.
10. Assist General Manager and other staff with annual on-air membership drive.
11. Maintain Community Advisory Board and ensure that it meets as required.
12. Must assist with any fundraising or special events at KSKO.
13. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Salary: This is a salaried position. $36,881-$46,719 DOE.
Closing Date: September 23, 2020 or until filled.
To Apply: Submit a resume including a detailed work history with three references and cover letter to:
KSKO Attn: Hiring Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries regarding the position and the lifestyle of rural Alaska welcome. Contact Candace Waruch at 574-0609.
KPBC is an equal opportunity employer.