LOCATION: KFOR-TV POSTING DATE: September 10/4/2021
POSITION TITLE: Writer/Assignment Editor REPORTS TO: News Management
Great entry level position for broadcasting students wanting to learn the basics of a successful newsroom.
1. Aid Producer in writing news stories for KFOR/KAUT newscasts.
2. Monitor scanners for breaking news
3. Interact, in a positive manner, with viewers via telephone and email
4. Dispatch crews to stories
5. Post breaking news to KFOR.com
Candidates with the following abilities are preferred:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
Nexstar is an Equal Opportunity Employer