POSITION TITLE: Reporter
REPORTS TO: Managing Editor
PURPOSE/REASON FOR THE POSITION: Contribute any way necessary in the content gathering, reporting, shooting, editing and producing for KFOR-TV, KAUT-TV, KFOR.com and all social media platforms.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB:
· Engaging on-air and online personality
· Ability to write web, text and social-media versions of news stories
· Ability to shoot and to edit video and sound
· Ability to operate bonded cellular live equipment
· Ability to enterprise news stories
· Ability to write and to interpret broadcast-news copy
· Ability to report live-breaking news
· Ability to handle deadline pressure
· Ability to drive news vehicles when needed
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Must be able to work under extreme pressure, stress, deadlines, and adverse weather conditions.
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:
The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances require it.
Apply by going to the link listed below and then filter the job search by location (US-OK-Oklahoma City). This will allow you to view all current postings for KFOR jobs.
Nexstar is an Equal Opportunity Employer