Who We Are
At Bonneville International, our purpose is to build up, connect, inform, and celebrate communities and families in the markets we serve. As an integrated media company, we provide content, advertising, and digital marketing solutions across 23 radio stations in Denver, Phoenix, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, and Seattle, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL-TV 5, in Salt Lake. We are responsible for lifting and inspiring with respect and giving voice to all the communities and clients we serve.
We believe that empowering our employees to share their ideas and experiences will fuel creativity, innovation, and inspiration. A diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to our ability to create and deliver exceptional content, products, and services that represent our communities. We’re proud of our history and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
To learn more about Bonneville and how our local media matters, visit: https://bonneville.com/
Be an effective team member and make a full contribution to the success of Arizona’s News Station. We’re looking for a driven, passionate-for-news individual hungry to tell people’s stories, seek the truth and inform the public about what’s going on in our community. Write and report news on all our news platforms in a clear, concise and accurate manner, by deadline. Perform live field reports, with proficient ad lib skills, and the ability to use natural and ambient sound in field reports. Enterprise news sources for original news content for radio, digital and social media platforms. Contribute daily to make KTAR the leading provider of timely, relevant news and information. This is an on-site full-time position of 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
Note: Work configurations are subject to change based on business needs and at company discretion.
- This position is an onsite role that requires the employee to regularly work at our Phoenix site.
What You Will Do:
Primary job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Breaking News driven, ready to cover developing stories in a moment’s notice.
- Perform live field and in-studio reports as often as the story warrants and in an urgent manner.
- Be a self-starter and quick thinker while reporting in-house and on-location. Placing an extreme emphasis on conversational writing and creative presentation during live and taped reports.
- Consistently contributes original story and long form report ideas.
- Frequently contribute to KTAR.com by writing web stories to complement broadcast pieces.
- Produce podcast content on short and long-form stories for online and social media platforms.
- Disseminate own original and station’s content to social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok.
- Stay updated on all news sources, including all local media, government entities and local organizations of news value.
- Hold true to the utmost ethics in journalism and practice integrity in all areas, including professional and personal standards.
Skills and Experience We Are Looking For:
- Desired bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism or associate degree plus at least two years of experience in a professional newsroom; or, a minimum of 2 years of newsroom and reporting experience.
- Strong broadcast writing, digital-news writing, news judgment and computer skills.
- Experience as an active reporter in a professional journalism environment.
- Knowledge of newswire services and a working knowledge of social media platforms.
- Actively use social media to report, go live, and share produced content including posting photos and videos.
- Ability to develop and maintain news sources.
- Aggressive attitude with a strong desire to advance in broadcasting media. A news junkie.
- Quick learner who is fully committed to meeting the challenge.
- Ability to dig up stories and enterprise news is a must.
- Excellent digital audio editing/technical remote broadcast skills.
- NewsBoss platform experience preferred.
- Valid Driver’s license and clean driving record.
Preferred Qualifications, But Not Required:
- A person with established relations in the Hispanic and Black communities and able to develop good rapport with community leaders.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, in both broadcast and print forms.
- Passionate in the topics of education, immigration and local government.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to operate computer keys and general office equipment. Ability to work on a computer for prolonged periods of time.
- Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
$18.50 to $25.48
Hourly rate will be determined by an evaluation of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant along with internal and external benchmarks.
What We Offer You: Check Out Our Bonneville Benefits!
Employees at Bonneville can enjoy a broad offering of benefits, including:
- Robust, affordable medical, dental and vision coverage with no wait period for enrollment
- 401(k) with Company match and employer-funded retirement account, both fully vested from day one
- Paid leave for new parents under our Medical Maternity (8 weeks) and Parental Leave (8 weeks) benefits
- Opportunities to apply for tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off for vacation (120 hours accrued per year) and sick leave (80 hours accrued per year) in addition to 12 paid company holidays per year
- Paid time off for volunteering (40 hours per year)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services
- Access to an entire team of free financial planners
- Matches on contributions to charitable organizations after one year of service
- Continuous growth and development opportunities
- Dynamic team culture that values teamwork, having fun, and collaboration
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.