Our company is committed to being trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
WHO WE ARE:
Bonneville International is an integrated media company, providing advertising and digital marketing solutions across 22 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, San Francisco, Sacramento and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL-TV 5, in Salt Lake. As a leader in broadcasting and advertising for over 50 years, our purpose is to build up, connect, inform, and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We’re proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
Be an effective team member and make a full contribution to the success of the station. Write and report news on air in clear, concise and accurate manner on deadline. Perform live field reports, with proficient ad lib skills, and the ability to use natural and ambient sound in field reports. Enterprise news sources for original news content for air and for the website. Deliver newscasts in an urgent and thorough manner. Contribute daily to make KTAR the leading provider of timely, relevant news and information.
- Perform live reports from remote locations, including from home and on-location as well as in-studio.
- Maintain community contacts and develop specialties to enterprise news stories.
- Be a self-starter and quick thinker while reporting in-house and on-location. Placing an extreme emphasis on conversational writing and creative presentation during live and taped reports.
- Consistently contributes original story and long form report ideas.
- Transcribe broadcast stories into original web content.
- Stay updated on all news sources.
- Perform live in-studio reports within newscasts of up to four times an hour, with more added in the event of breaking news.
- Present compelling, informative, personable and impactful newscasts with an emphasis on local and breaking news.
- Report news in a way that is constantly fresh, new, unique and exciting while maintaining the integrity of news standards.
- During holidays, vacations or breaking news, you may be asked to fill in at different times of day and/or weekends.
THE BONNEVILLE EXPERIENCE:
- Dynamic team culture that values teamwork, having fun, and collaboration
- Continuous growth and development training
WHO YOU ARE:
- A minimum of two years of experience in a professional newsroom.
- Strong broadcast writing, news judgment and computer skills.
- Experience as an active reporter in a professional radio/TV journalism environment.
- Knowledge of newswire services and a working knowledge of computer skills.
- Social media savvy – includes experience going live on social media platforms, live tweeting, and actively posting photos and videos.
- Ability to develop and maintain news sources.
- Aggressive attitude with a strong desire to advance in broadcasting media. A news junkie.
- Quick learner who is fully committed to meeting the challenge.
- Ability to dig up stories, enterprise news a must.
- Excellent digital audio editing/technical remote broadcast skills.
- NewsBoss platform experience preferred.
- Multi-tasking pro.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in broadcast journalism or Associate’s Degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an active reporter, anchor or editor in a professional radio/TV journalism environment.
- A person with established relations in the Hispanic community and able to develop good rapport with community leaders.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Prefer someone who has worked in the broadcasting environment relating to the Hispanic community.
To learn more about how our local media matters and to join our growing team, visit: https://bonneville.com/
As a media company, we are responsible for lifting and inspiring with respect and giving voice to all the communities and clients that we serve. A diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to our ability to create and deliver exceptional content, products, and services that represent our communities, and we believe that empowering all our employees to share their ideas and experiences will fuel creativity, innovation, and inspiration.
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.https://admin.sourcingpro.io/apply/24266/457441/