LOCATION: KFOR-TV/KAUT-TV DATE: 4/5/2020
POSITION TITLE: Reporter/MMJ
REPORTS TO: Managing Editor
PURPOSE/REASON FOR THE POSITION: Contribute any way necessary in the content gathering, reporting, shooting, editing and producing for KFOR-TV, KAUT-TV, KFOR.com and all social media platforms.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB:
· Engaging on-air and online personality
· Ability to write web, text and social-media versions of news stories
· Ability to shoot and to edit video and sound
· Ability to operate bonded cellular live equipment
· Ability to enterprise news stories
· Ability to write and to interpret broadcast-news copy
· Ability to report live-breaking news
· Ability to handle deadline pressure
· Ability to drive news vehicles when needed
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Ability to carry and operate equipment weighing over 50 pounds while videotaping subjects in various situations. Good manual dexterity in order to operate numerous small buttons and keys on cameras, computers and other such equipment. Good eyesight to shoot and compile stories. Hearing to communicate with station personnel and others via telephone and in person. Must be able to work under extreme pressure, stress, deadlines, and adverse weather conditions.
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:
The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require it.