POSITION TITLE: Special Projects Photojournalist
REPORTS TO: Chief Photographer
We are looking for a Photographer who can contribute to our “In Your Corner” (consumer advocacy) team as well as our special project production unit. Applicant must be good at time management and multitasking. Position will include shooting and editing special projects as well as contributions as a research/investigative partner for our lead IYC reporter. Candidates should be creative storytellers and motivated team players. We maintain high Photojournalistic standards and believe in giving feedback that encourages development. A clean driving record is a must.
1. Ensures the highest quality pictures and sound for all stories shot.
2. Maintains inventory of all assigned equipment and responsible for its upkeep.
3. Responsible for the maintenance of station assigned vehicle.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. A valid Oklahoma Driver’s License.
2. Have some experience with nonlinear editing systems. We will train you beyond the basics.
3. Ability to carry and operate equipment weighing over 65 pounds.
4. Must be able to work under extreme pressure, stress, and deadlines.
5. Ability to shoot and edit under any type of weather condition or deadlines.
Internal Contacts: All station personnel
External Contact: General public
Total Number of Employees Supervised: EXEMPT NON-EXEMPT
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc. Other duties as assigned.
Apply by going to the link listed below and then filter the job search by location (US-OK-Oklahoma City). This will allow you to view all current postings for KFOR jobs.
Nexstar is an Equal Opportunity Employer