PBS39 is seeking full time experienced and creative Video Editor who will assist post-production in a fast-paced, energetic, and diverse environment. The video editor works to achieve the best final film outcome, with the goal of telling the story in the most effective and compelling way. The video editor will primarily be using Avid editing software.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO QUALIFY FOR THE POSITION
· Video editing experience.
· Proficiency in Avid editing software
· Understand the technical processes involved in editing for television.
· Knowledgeable in current broadcast video and audio standards.
· After Effects experience is beneficial.
· Studio production experience preferred but not necessary.
· Ability to craft a story with or without a script.
· Ability to work independently, or on a shared project.
· Ability to adhere to tight and ever-changing deadlines.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
MINIMUM DEGREE/TRAINING REQUIRED TO PERFORM POSITION’S RESPONSIBILITIES
· Bachelor’s degree in television production or related field preferred
· 2 years of experience in the television industry
· Must be able to work longer hours as well as occasional weekends when requested.
COMPETENCIES NEEDED FOR SUCCESS IN THE POSITION
· Attention to detail
· Communication skills
· Organizational skills
No phone calls, please.
PBS39/WLVR 91.3 is an equal opportunity employer.