Our company is committed to being trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and operate 22 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, San Francisco, Sacramento and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. We're proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
To update, gather and create news content for KTAR.com and ArizonaSports.com. Ensure that all news and sports content on the websites is fresh and represents the high standards of the Company. Work closely and alongside the Newsroom and other departments to achieve this goal. This job involves reporting on general news stories, sports stories and then writing articles and blogs for the websites.
- Manage daily content, information, news and features for stations’ web sites. Produce graphics/images, web pages, stories, audio/video, etc. to accomplish this function.
- Responsible for making sure that web site is continually fresh from both a content as well as a graphical perspective. Ensure that the KTAR overall image of quality and leadership is carried over to the web site.
- Ensure deadlines are met and projects are completed on time.
- Develop web pages and web sites for new site features, events, activities, etc. This includes gathering relevant information and graphic elements from various departments and entities for the web site.
- Ensure that the web site provides and promotes sales activities. Help direct site toward becoming a profitable business activity. Put a priority on sales production work.
- Market and promote the stations via the Internet and the web site. This includes stations’ image and brand, events, products, etc. maximize the sites as effective communications medium for stations.
- Interface and coordinate with technical team regarding technical aspects of web operations (servers, connectivity, etc.). Work with IT to ensure that systems are functioning properly.
- Ensure that all web related systems are functioning on a daily basis; streaming, content/data feeds, ad servers, etc.
- Manage online events and special features (interactive contests, message boards, etc.) as well as social media content.
- Offer ideas, suggestions and other concepts for the stations’ Internet activities that are innovative and creative.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Two years post high school education in communication/journalism with skills in the following areas: booking guests, broadcast journalism, writing, computer and operational skills, related field, or equivalent.
- Experience working in a newsroom environment. Prefer experience as a reporter, copy editor and/or web editor.
- Exceptional news writing, editing, and grammar skills. Ability to edit, produce and create accurate, well presented content in a quick, timely manner.
- Must possess typing skills and computer input ability. Basic computer skills and the ability to learn new programs and basic HTML are required. Must enjoy working with computers and technology.
- Able to produce, gather, edit and update news content for the KTAR web site on a daily basis. Will require the production and gathering of text, images, web pages, audio/video, etc. and work closely with others in the newsroom to accomplish this function.
- Able to work independently with little supervision. Requires a track record of dependability and evidence of being a self-starter.
- Experience in a broadcast journalism environment, professional or collegiate level.
- Knowledge of newswire services and a working knowledge of computer skills.
- Aggressive attitude with a strong desire to advance in the broadcasting media.
- Quick learner who is fully committed to meeting the challenge.
- Strong desire to work at the state’s largest and most respected radio station.
- Multi-tasking pro.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.https://admin.sourcingpro.io/apply/24264/457441/